SpiriTs' World Wrestling

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SpiriTs' World Wrestling

Forum of SWW of TWG.

5 posters

Possible problem with faction wars

Metal Militia
    Metal Militia

Possible problem with faction wars Empty Possible problem with faction wars

Post  Metal Militia Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:50 pm

I was looking at the excel file (thanks nightmare, that helped SO much!) and was thinking about how difficult it is to have everyone in a faction. This will make it harder to make televised shows work because we (for the sake of the story) can't have members of the same faction fight each other. If we want to factor in skill indexes and entrances in the match ups may not quite be as ideal as we would like. I would suggest maybe scaling back the size of each faction to that of a stable (4-5 members each) Some people should just be neutral as it allows them to fight anyone. Do you understand what my concern is?
    I LIVE TO BEAT ALDY®

Possible problem with faction wars Empty a big oy vey......

Post  I LIVE TO BEAT ALDY® Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:20 pm

wow.... Metal Militia you are right.... do you see the article titled read this? Well you shoulda read it cause i made idea bout the neuts! way i see it.... 4 factions : freakz, all-stars, ayame peacekeepers, and the almighty neuts.... neuts r made up of jobbers n unused people... e.g. Toby Mysterio n Demonous n Felipe guy.

neuts= neutral
    Metal Militia
    Metal Militia

Possible problem with faction wars Empty Re: Possible problem with faction wars

Post  Metal Militia Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:28 pm

i read that and thats what gave me the idea. Honestly though I'm not a fan of making ANOTHER faction unless one of the current ones are dissolved. I also read that you don't think your being used that much so if contracted appearance permits I'll try and help you out since im a VGM now.

Also I wanted to add that I like the whole faction wars story and am not criticizing that at all. I'm just kinda trying to say keep your eyes open to make sure it doesn't get out of control. I just wanted to voice my concerns for it as to maybe alert a possible flaw before it becomes a problem. I expect the other members of the fed to do the same for my stories as well Very Happy
    I LIVE TO BEAT ALDY®

Possible problem with faction wars Empty okily dokily

Post  I LIVE TO BEAT ALDY® Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:32 pm

gotcha

-ål∂¥®️
    Lord Nightmare

Post  Lord Nightmare Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:41 pm

Whenever I need to match up two allies against each other (or team up two enemies together), I usually use the faux match/dark match system. It may mean additional work for me (to script the faux) but it protects the involved wrestlers from breaking kayfabe.

However, that's my method and I don't want to force the new VGMs to use my method if they don't want to. Sooner or later, I will step down and leave the show in the hands of my successors.

I have been working on two alternative timetables for future seasons. These contingency plans were created in case I become unable to remain active in my role as VGM (the wife and I are planning on having a baby, any problems with that?). I designed these plans to dissolve the factions earlier than the expected Season 5 date, freeing the other VGMs to script the shows as they see fit.

Plan A is to let the general manager order the dissolution of the Freakz and the All-Stars during the last episode of Season 3 after the Stable Match scheduled between them turns into a brawl. This

Plan B is to NOT start the factions at all. There has never been any mention of All-Star or Freakz in the show yet and there never will be should we go with this plan. This gives the VGMs immediate freedom to match wrestlers into single feuds rather than the faction's group feud. More importantly, it helps pave the way should an actual seperation of the major and minor shows be necessary.

Yes, that means we may be going down the "Raw" and "Smackdown" route.

Until I can disprove the theory that the major show has a bonus modifier to ticket sales, we'll divide the appearances as planned. Storylines, on the other hand, may be divided into Laz0r's storylines (meaning they'll only appear in Wednesday shows) and Metal's storylines (meaning they'll only appear in Saturday shows).

This will enable each VGM to complete the script for each of his weekly shows without having to wait for the other VGM's storyline insertions. I had the same freedom in the past season; only difference is I only had three to four days to complete each show (I think that may have been what caused my migraine).

So what shall it be? I want a quick response on this, not just from the VGMs but from everyone in the fed as this concerns them as well. We still have a week before the first show so plan B is still viable.

Don't worry about me. I'll still be around to oversee and advise the new VGMs.

-----
    Lord Nightmare

Post  Lord Nightmare Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:55 pm

Oh, and ILTB aldy has been given 4 appearances starting this new season. Last season he was stuck with just two appearances per month so I wasn't able to give him too much action inside the ring.

Outside the ring, ILTB aldy is a goldmine of creative ideas.

And ILTB aldy (this goes for the rest of you as well), Yue gave you those 4 appearances to encourage you to increase your entrance levels. Creativity can only take you so far. Sooner or later, the fed is going to cut down on unhelpful members and replace them with new people with lots of entrances.

The other feds have been doing it for months (again, scouting the competition). We, on the other hand, are only implementing it recently.

As of now, we've decided to go with the 30/4 and 10/3 method in renewing contracts. That means the 30 highest-entrance members get 4 appearances each while the remaining 10 gets only 3, bringing the total to the maximum fed limit of 150 appearances.

-----
    Lord Nightmare

Post  Lord Nightmare Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:42 pm

I LIVE TO BEAT ALDY®️ wrote:wow.... Metal Militia you are right.... do you see the article titled read this? Well you shoulda read it cause i made idea bout the neuts! way i see it.... 4 factions : freakz, all-stars, ayame peacekeepers, and the almighty neuts.... neuts r made up of jobbers n unused people... e.g. Toby Mysterio n Demonous n Felipe guy.

neuts= neutral

Heh... When I came upon Aldy's post, my first thought was:

"What is this? Rise of the neutered wrestlers or something?"

It was only after I read the entire post that I went:

"Ohhh... Rise of the neutral wrestlers! I get it now."

Whatever possessed me to think of disMEMBERed wrestlers, I'll never know.

-----
    I LIVE TO BEAT ALDY®

Possible problem with faction wars Empty :D i workin on entrances

Post  I LIVE TO BEAT ALDY® Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:05 pm

neutered members.... lol and just so u know im earning money... i aint training or addin skillz... i just addin entrances

-ål∂¥®️
    Metal Militia
    Metal Militia

Post  Metal Militia Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:32 pm

Lord Nightmare wrote:Whenever I need to match up two allies against each other (or team up two enemies together), I usually use the faux match/dark match system. It may mean additional work for me (to script the faux) but it protects the involved wrestlers from breaking kayfabe.

However, that's my method and I don't want to force the new VGMs to use my method if they don't want to. Sooner or later, I will step down and leave the show in the hands of my successors.

I have been working on two alternative timetables for future seasons. These contingency plans were created in case I become unable to remain active in my role as VGM (the wife and I are planning on having a baby, any problems with that?). I designed these plans to dissolve the factions earlier than the expected Season 5 date, freeing the other VGMs to script the shows as they see fit.

Plan A is to let the general manager order the dissolution of the Freakz and the All-Stars during the last episode of Season 3 after the Stable Match scheduled between them turns into a brawl. This

Plan B is to NOT start the factions at all. There has never been any mention of All-Star or Freakz in the show yet and there never will be should we go with this plan. This gives the VGMs immediate freedom to match wrestlers into single feuds rather than the faction's group feud. More importantly, it helps pave the way should an actual seperation of the major and minor shows be necessary.

Yes, that means we may be going down the "Raw" and "Smackdown" route.

Until I can disprove the theory that the major show has a bonus modifier to ticket sales, we'll divide the appearances as planned. Storylines, on the other hand, may be divided into Laz0r's storylines (meaning they'll only appear in Wednesday shows) and Metal's storylines (meaning they'll only appear in Saturday shows).

This will enable each VGM to complete the script for each of his weekly shows without having to wait for the other VGM's storyline insertions. I had the same freedom in the past season; only difference is I only had three to four days to complete each show (I think that may have been what caused my migraine).

So what shall it be? I want a quick response on this, not just from the VGMs but from everyone in the fed as this concerns them as well. We still have a week before the first show so plan B is still viable.

Don't worry about me. I'll still be around to oversee and advise the new VGMs.

-----

Like I said before I like the faction idea but was just raising some possible red flags with it. I think B would be the best option in the future simply because its the easiest. Lets be honest we don't have millions of viewers that are on pins and needles, waiting for the next story. We have free will really to destroy or completely change whatever we want in the story if its not working. Right now though the faction ARE working, Since you, nightmare, are the "brains" behind this storyline I just wanted to give you something to chew on so that you wouldn't accidently write yourself into a corner
    Lord Nightmare

Post  Lord Nightmare Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:20 pm

Storywise, everything's under control.

Just because wrestlers belong to the same faction doesn't mean they'll all get along well. In-fighting between members (especially among the volatile All-Stars) are part of Season 4 and 5. For example, we already planned for Laz0r's leaving the All-Stars and going to a faction that better suits him. Triple H was a Freakz at first until it was revealed that he is an All-Star spy from the very beginning. Lord Nightmare abandons the faction, prompting retribution from the Freakz.

The faction list in the file I sent you was my initial assessment of how I perceive each wrestler's personality to be and which faction he is suited for. Members are going to be switched around a lot during the course of the actual Wars.

-----
    Lord Nightmare

Post  Lord Nightmare Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:27 pm

Oh, yes. And unless Jordz does a heel shift during Season 3 or 4, he may better fit the tweener/face Peacekeepers rather than mostly heel All-Stars. So we better edit the records; changing Jordz's red mark to blue.

I've been meaning to ask, does anyone here play tabletop RPGs or have written something for public consumption?

-----
    Lord Nightmare

Post  Lord Nightmare Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:27 pm

Metal Militia wrote:

Lets be honest we don't have millions of viewers that are on pins and needles, waiting for the next story.

I've already asked Yue about this. I thought that there might be something in the GM menu which tells us how many hits our show has, so I can better gauge the popularity of our fed.

There is no such button to reveal that. Oh, well...

Metal's right about our viewership rate. Without anything to tell me the number of viewers who watch our show, I will temporarily assume that it is zero and that we are forced to rely primarily on our matches to get our federation popularity up.

I will wait until the end of the week before deciding which course we shall take. Should nobody object to plan B then we will implement it immediately this season. I've yet to hear from Laz0r. I know he's been online recently.

P.S. I'll ask Yue to give Metal access to the VGM menu this weekend as well.

-----
    Metal Militia
    Metal Militia

Post  Metal Militia Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:45 pm

I just want to make it clear that i wasn't asking for the elimination of the factions.... thats completely your call. You've put a lot of work into it so i don't want myself to dictate what you do to it. If you still want it then please keep it.
    Lord Nightmare

Post  Lord Nightmare Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:51 pm

You worry too much, Metal. Wink

Think of it as a test (remember, Yue hasn't seen your work yet; you're only given the job because I'm vouching for you). I want you to prove that you are capable of the job the same way I proved myself, and that is by running the show with near-total control and minimal supervision. The same goes for Laz0r.

Of course, part of the blame is most likely to fall on me if either of you mess up. I did, after all, recommend the two of you. So don't either of you mess up.

And besides, this makes for good practice should you ever want to apply for GM-ship of your very own fed, Metal.

-----
    Laz0r

Post  Laz0r Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:53 am

I also have no objection to go with plan B.Our curent objective is to increase the population of the fed and not write good storylines.

I have a question though.Now that we are going to a smackdown and raw fed should we seperate our roster in half or smth??
    acid

Post  acid Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:23 am

i think a smackdown raw situation would be good, we could make the feude across the two brangs, then the 3rd faction could be the ones from each show who dont want to be part off a cross brand showdown
    Lord Nightmare

Post  Lord Nightmare Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:07 am

Laz0r wrote:I also have no objection to go with plan B.Our curent objective is to increase the population of the fed and not write good storylines.

I have a question though.Now that we are going to a smackdown and raw fed should we seperate our roster in half or smth??

I think you meant popularity of the fed, not population.

Last I checked, fed popularity is based on 66% matches and 33% viewer votes. Even if we just put up ten matches on end without a single lick of story, we'll still do well if our guys do good matches.

Concerning seperate rosters, I'm fine with the idea as long as the match appearances still get divided among the two shows. It would be unfair to Laz0r if King Con Carne (our highest entrance member) would only perform on Metal's show. If necessary, dark the matches that involve wrestlers appearing in the opposing show. The game will still count their presence (and their entrances) even if they aren't visible to the viewers.

Which reminds me, VGMs please post in the Match Results (the real ones) thread the matches you've scheduled. Follow my format from last season.

-----
    Metal Militia
    Metal Militia

Post  Metal Militia Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:10 pm

I still don't have access to GM menu Crying or Very sad. If that doesn't pan out it is fine... I will still write stories and stuff but you guys can just insert them. I can do the work without the official title Very Happy

I like the idea of cross show feuds like Smackdown vs Raw. extremely easy to keep track of.

Hey I was planning an RP where I keep doing mysterious business stuff (first one is a mysterious phone call and after that I meet with various "business" looking people) and I bring a brief case into yue's office and he is horrified by what he sees but that is the mystery, what is in the briefcase. My character gets a new found voice in fed and continue to blackmail yue into getting power.

If we want to split the roster into the shows (not appearances but loyalty) I could be a mock GM for the Sat show. I was playing with the idea of how we see multiple stories on wrestling where wrestlers become GM's (I remember Sting doing that in WCW).

Tell me what you think Very Happy
    Lord Nightmare

Post  Lord Nightmare Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:16 pm

It's finally Saturday. Time to let Metal get to work.

I'll ask Yue to give Metal access to the VGM menu.

-----
    Laz0r

Post  Laz0r Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:17 am

Metal you havent answered my question still,do you want me to start building momentum in the first show about our ongoing feud?And what about the new title belt(whats the name of it btw)?
    Also after reading your last post i though that our feud should start before you blackmail Yue and stuff to give you more power.That way after yue is forced to make you a VGM he then will make me a 2nd VGM just to keep the balance and not ruin the federation.

What you think?
    Metal Militia
    Metal Militia

Post  Metal Militia Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:48 pm

well i kinda thought my GM story might be just for me cause i got some ideas to where it won't over shadow everything

Also I think that the belt should either be middleweight or be roster specific like Heaven's Gate Title or something.

You can start building momentum if you want
    Metal Militia
    Metal Militia

Post  Metal Militia Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:50 am

hey just to make sure im right... the faction wars are over right? And now it is just roster against roster.

If thats the case my last segment in the show will be about that.
    Lord Nightmare

Post  Lord Nightmare Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:36 am

The Faction Wars storyline is effectively discontinued.

Individual feuds among their members may or may not be continued depending on the VGMS, but they shall no longer be feuding as a group.

-----

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content